Lip implants are soft, silicone devices that are placed just inside the upper or lower lip to add fullness and smooth wrinkles. Lip implants appear very natural and conform to the shape of your lips to plump them and provide a more youthful-looking appearance. They are also very pliable and do not interfere with the normal functioning of your lips or mouth.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LIP IMPLANTS?
Those who suffer from thin or wrinkled lips may find it difficult to disguise these issues with cosmetics. Lip implants provide a more permanent solution than dermal fillers, and may even help to ward off certain signs of aging. Since they come in a variety of sizes and shapes, they more naturally conform to your own contours, and will therefore not cause you to appear overdone or fake.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER LIP IMPLANTS?
You may want to consider lip implants if:
- Your lips are naturally very thin or you have experienced volume loss due to aging
- You desire a more permanent solution than what can be achieved through dermal fillers
- Previous dermal filler injections have left you dissatisfied with your results
- You desire better symmetry and balance, as lip implants can also be used to correct differences in size between the upper and lower lips
- You have experienced trauma to the lips that has resulted in disfiguration
Before undergoing lip augmentation, please tell us if you have any serious medical conditions or are taking any medications. You should also let us know if you have any allergies to any of the materials used to make lip implants.
Meet our LIP IMPLANT expert
Dr. Kate Kottwitz
If you are considering lip implants in order to improve your facial features, call our office at 812-463-4770 to schedule your lip implant consultation with Dr. Kottwitz.
Dr. Kottwitz is dedicated to providing patients with safe, personalized and professional care, and has the training and experience needed to produce beautiful aesthetic results.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have questions about lip implants, or if you wish to undergo the procedure, do not hesitate to book a personalized consultation at Gateway Cosmetics with Dr. Kottwitz at her office conveniently located for residents throughout the Evansville area.